Supportive Counseling for Life Transitions and Positive Aging
Available to Families, Aging Individuals & Their Caregivers
Support and Understanding for Older Adults:
We are here to provide emotional support and counseling services to older adults experiencing difficulty in their lives. They have the opportunity to discuss their concerns, gain insight into their feelings and how to apply concepts of positive aging that can improve their overall health and happiness.
- Research has indicated that one of the greatest issues for seniors is loneliness as well as social isolation coupled with depression.
- Seniors often suffer many losses that can include loss of loved ones, health, income, and independence.
The aim of Supportive Counseling/Conversations is to provide a safe and supportive environment for older adults, to help them address issues of concern and maintain their independence. Many seniors use their time with us to share thoughts about their day-to-day lives, to reminisce about the past or to speculate about the future.
- Transition to Assisted Living Community, or back home from the hospital or rehab.
- Social isolation coupled with depression
- Grief and Loss
- Chronic Health Problems
- Loss of Independence
- Memory impairment
- Physical and Mental Changes
Supportive Counseling for Families and Caregivers:
- Opportunity to share feelings, needs and concerns in a supportive setting.
- Learn to reduce stress, take care of yourself, and avoid burnout.
- Acquire coping skills to aid in caring for your aging loved one while you balance your personal life and/or work.
Did you know that people who are engaged in life have better health, and live and stay independent longer?
Counseling is provided by Sharon Miles, LCSW, CASWCM, CASWG
Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
We accept Medicare and other insurances plans. Private sessions are available in the home under special circumstances, and on-site at Retirement Communities.