Aging Life Care Guidance in Making Difficult Decisions
Choosing between in-home care and alternative living arrangements
Our professional Aging Life Care Consultant conducts a two-hour in-home consultation. She collects information about your elder’s health care, mental health status, and daily functional activity level. The care manager shares the assessment results with the family and recommends care options to meet the elder’s individual needs. Then she leads a collaborative family discussion. Together, the family and the elder learn about the various care options available, discuss these options and decide upon an individual Care Plan.
Following the consultation, the Care Consultant implements the Care Plan. She arranges for and coordinates services to preserve the dignity and independence of the older person in a safe environment. The Care Consultant maintains contact with the family and suggests changes as needed.
Comprehensive In-Home Needs Assessment
- Identify your loved ones special personal care needs
- Evaluate daily living skills
- Assess home safety and mobility needs
- Assess mental health and screen for Alzheimer’s/dementia
- Address financial and legal issues
- (with 20+years of knowledge, we are familiar with reputable service providers)
- Screen for eligibility for state-funded programs
Immediate and Long Term Care Plans
- Arrangement and coordination of in-home services which may include:
- Delivered meals
- Homemaker/companion services
- Selecting alternative living arrangements
- Retirement and assisted living communities, and residential care homes have varying levels of care, costs, and social amenities.
- Long-term monitoring of care
- Emotional support to caregivers
- Counseling and support to families
- Facilitate family meetings