Experience and expertise in serving your aging parent’s needs
Sharon Miles has been an Aging Life Care Consultant since 1996. Her experiences in caring for her mother inspired her to pursue a degree in Social Work and Gerontology. She assists aging individuals and disabled adults to remain independent in their own homes and connected to their community for as long as possible.
As owner of Senior Care Options, she specializes in offering support to families navigating the maze of home care for the elderly person. By combining a careful assessment with her extensive knowledge of available services, she provides assistance in arranging for and monitoring care on a long- and short-term basis.
In addition, she is an empathetic listener and superior problem solver. In addition to her private practice, Sharon has served disabled adults as well as the elderly through the State of New Mexico Disabled and Elderly Medicaid Waiver Program since 2000. This program also enables individuals to stay in their communities and avoid placement in a nursing home. The knowledge she has acquired on state funded programs has been invaluable to the families and individuals she services.
“Sharon’s experiences with her mother inspired her to pursue a degree in Social Work and Gerontology.”
- Masters Degree in Social Work & Gerontology, New Mexico Highlands University, 1992
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Phoenix, 1988
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Certified Advanced Social Worker Case Manager
- Certified Advanced Social Worker in Gerontology
- Aging Life Care Association (Member over 18 years)
- National Association of Social Workers
- New Mexico Association of Continuity of Care
(Past Chair of Speakers Bureau Committee)
- Compassion and Choices at The End of Life, Albuquerque Chapter (Past President)